Thursday, November 26, 2015

Card Of The Week - Sonny Gray 2015 Topps Museum Archival Autographs 070/399

My card of the week continues my fascination with unique pitchers with Oakland's ace, Sonny Gray.

This young kid has a long, bright future ahead of him. This year he showed what he is truly capable of, making his first All-Star appearance this year and becoming a finalist for the Cy Young Award.

He isn't going to overwhelm hitters with power, even though his fastball can get up in the 94-95mph range. His keys are all the pitches he has the ability to throw. He can throw not only a wicked, arching curve but a cutter, a slider and a changeup to add to his 4-seam fastball.

I hope Mr. Beane knows what he really has in this kid and gives him the money he deserves, otherwise, there will be plenty of teams that will be willing to offer him the cash.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Probably one of my favorite autograph cards of his. The one I have is numbered 006/399

Anonymous said...

Gray definitely impressed everyone last year, awesome card! New follower and reader!

Κινητοί Τοίχοι - Movable Walls said...

Hi,
May I ask you for a favor? As my blog has little traffic at present, I am trying to generate some more, because I use it to sell my company’s products. More visits will increase my blog’s “Google Images” ranking and visibility. I am asking you to visit my blog occasionally, even though it may not be of particular interest to you. Cordial thanks.