Thursday, February 06, 2014

I Am Disappoint...

So the Stockton Ports promotional calendars have been released. Only one is left to be announced, the weekly promos. And so far, I am disappointed about the scheduling, as well as, the events listed. It seems as though, following an awesome season of promos, celebrity appearances and themed nights last year, they have made some changes that didn't consider the year previous. Perhaps its that the front office has changed so drastically or even a money issue but, with the success of last years events and with the eventual hike in ticket prices, efforts to outdo the previous year have fallen short.

It seems as if they attempted to compromise on the Sunday game times since, the first half of the season, they start at 2:09pm. From July to the end of the season, Sunday games are at 6:05pm. This means most, if not all of my Sundays I will miss and have to trade in for other dates.

The second announcement, and probably the most disappointing, came January 29th, the celebrity appearances. Last year, we had, not 1, not 2 but, 3 Hall of Fame ballplayers come to Banner Island. Granted, this would be hard to duplicate. But, 2 out of the 3 appearances of "celebrities" have nothing to do with baseball whatsoever.

Mr. Belding? Really? I'm not even going to go into that.

And as much as I love Johnny Cash, the man is dead. I love his music but so-called "tribute" bands or "cover" bands are lame. I don't care who they are. I appreciated the movie, 'Walk The Line' as a life story of Mr. Cash and Mr. Phoenix's characterization of the man was spot on, however, when a band makes money solely on the original talents of others, I can't get into it.

I will say that the giveaways this year will be very good. I'm looking forward to getting the 2 bobbleheads(Josh Donaldson and Sean Doolittle) this year, as well as the Addison Russell jersey.

While I am immensely excited that a Jackie Robinson Day has been added to the calendar, it happens to run on a very busy weekend for me where I will be out of town. I am still attempting to figure out a way to attend that day and also because it happens to be opening weekend.

I realize the scheduling issue is a personal problem. However, the Sunday schedule was a topic that was asked on Facebook and Twitter from the Stockton Ports account and from the results that I saw, 6:05pm was the most popular response. Why even ask us then if they weren't going to change it?

With all this being said, I think I'm just concerned how well this front office new blood is going to do this season. Last season's crew was fantastic and these rookies have plenty of expectations to live up to, especially by us fans/guests.

#Section117 #GoPorts


Not that I won't get my picture taken with Mr. Belding..wouldn't you?!

And another thing..the dude that's running the Ports 'social media' accounts now needs to get on the ball. We are all watching..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I understand the frustration there is a lot to look forward to. First and foremost is baseball! At least the Athletics are trying to make the Ports a more competitive team, with the change in the coaching staff.

My disappointments lie with the "celebrity" appearances and where some of the theme nights... I mean days fall. I'm used to missing the Sunday games in the 1st half of the season.