Saturday, May 10, 2014

Showoff Time!

So, since last season, I've been amassing, stockpiling if you will, a number of baseball cards. I have found it way too easy to buy lots of cards on ebay and it has done me well, to my wifes dismay.

Here are just a few of my favorite hits, wins and suprises that I have acquired in the last 7 months or so.

Pulled this from a lot buy of Marlins from ebay. Don't ask me why I bought the lot because I won't have an answer for you, other than 120 cards for $4 sounded good. Score one for me. 

Another auto from a lot I bought a few months ago. Had an opportunity to see this guy play a few weeks ago when the Ports hosted the Visalia Rawhide, the Single-A affiliate of the D-Backs.

I didn't even know sepia cards were available until I pulled one.
Brandon Maurer Topps Chrome RC sepia auto

Oddball card but apparently there are 2 others that are supposed to flank Mr. Lee for the set.

Again, another decent card from my Marlins lot, Sean Townsley, Bowman orange parallel, #'d to 250.

Cutouts are a current favorite of mine. These two were pulled from another one of my odd purchases of a Toronto lot of cards.

Yu Darvish cutout I won from a twitter contest from Carolina Card Co.

The first Topps Five Star card I've acquired and they are truly magnificent. I have a certain affinity for Mr. R.A. Dickey so I had to have it.

 More cutouts, Rickey Henderson and Yoenis Cespedes

One of my latest purchases that I couldn't pass up. I just love that presentation.

King Felix cutout

Topps Chrome cutout Josh Hamilton

Derek Norris auto card I pulled from another lot of cards. Seems to be a running gag, huh?

Another one of my personal favorites since Hanley is probably my favorite player from the Boys in Blue. Topps Museum #'d to 75

Topps Chasing History Paco Rodriguez auto


The following cards I bought specifically to attempt to get signed. So far, I've succeeded. A little help from @bicemusic for some of the cards. Much appreciated, my friend.

To start off with, a couple of cards I bought before the start of this season. John Wasdin, the Ports new pitching coach and Ryan Christensen, the Ports new manager.

Since @bicemusic always has a leg up on A's cards, he provided me with this nice Kris Hall Bowman base to get signed.

I knew Renato Nunez was coming to Stockton, so I prepared myself. Nice guy, I don't think he speaks much english though.

Tom Windle, from last week's game with Rancho Cucamonga. He threw a gem that Friday.

Chris Anderson, from the same 3-game series in Stockton. These young guys have sometimes have some egos, this guy was no exception. Fortunately, I had one card worthy of him signing.

And then there are the guys that will sign anything you put in front of them and grateful that you are asking. Billy McKinney, Bowman base and chrome. I must have given him 15 of these cards and he has signed every one.

Another fellow that was limiting his signature to 1 card. Oh well. DJ Peterson Bowman base card.

Erasmo Ramirez had just been sent down to Single-A High Desert Mavericks to make room the day before we went to this game. Fortunately, I had pulled these from a couple different packs a month ago and had them on hand.

Jeremy Rathjen, Bowman Chrome. Another nice guy willing to sign anything.

Jeremy Barfield, outfielder turned relief pitcher. Funny guy and somewhat of a twitter whore. Go follow him @BarfieldRage and you can tell him I said so.

Former Major Leaguer and current manager of the Lake Elsinore Storm, Jamie Quirk. Thanks again to Brian Bice for these two.

@bicemusic strikes again! The man has an endless supply of A's. Matt Olsen, another top prospect with a slippery glove.

#1 Top Prospect for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Corey Seager. A good guy that was willing to sign anything for me once the series was over. I came prepared for his debut at Banner Island. Unfortunately, so did most of Nor Cal's autograph seekers. It was good to see so many Dodger fans in Banner Island Ballpark.



Last but not least, the 2 balls I was able to get signed.
Corey Seager

Julio Urias. His signature is a bit off center but from what I've seen, he seems to do that. I failed and couldn't get any of his cards in time and Bowman had just come out.

Thank you for checking out just a few of my additions. Please feel free to comment or ask questions.

#Section117 #GoPorts #GoQuakes #GoDodgers

2 comments:

DodgerPenguin said...

Great cards and autographs.
Going to a Quake game in June. Hope to do as well.

Anonymous said...

A nice collection of cards to start the season! There will be plenty more opportunities for us to get autographs! As always I'm willing to help a bro as needed.