Monday, September 30, 2013

My 1st Trip To Dodger Stadium - September 28, 2013 - Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

My wife, being the beautiful person that she is, even though she is NOT a Dodger fan, decided that she would finally get me to Dodger Stadium. I've been to a few Major League ballparks in my lifetime and maybe it's just that I love the Dodgers so much but, this was more than I ever expected. I walked in and was overwhelmed by how perfect Blue Heaven is. There was nothing like it. There is a kind of energy that hovers over the crowd at Chavez Ravine. My father-in-law described my being there in a sea of Dodger blue as(warning: star trek nerd reference) "Odo going back to the Great Link." I was back to a home away from home.

BLUE HEAVEN



Me overwhelmed.

Zack Greinke

Zack and I

a frustrated Matt Kemp

We didn't find out until after this shot was taken that he had been scratched from the lineup.

We would also find out later that it was because of his ankle and would be out of the playoff games entirely. A reason to be upset indeed.

Papi getting ready




the frightening stare of Zack Greinke

wait...

he's staring at me!


The Dodger Legend, Vin Scully

There is nothing on this planet like him saying..

"It's Time For Dodger Baseball!"

Hanley Ramirez

Skip Schumaker

Hanley about to dig it out

Ol' Blue Beard himself


Yeah, that's a strike

#TrueDodgerBlue

1 comment:

DodgerPenguin said...

Everything looks great EVEN though she is a Giant's fan.
= )
Glad you had a great time for your first time.
Go Blue !!!