Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dodgers' Pennant Race Ends, A Season Of Firsts

It's been a few days since I've posted. I guess I've been getting over the disappointment of dropping Game 6 to the Cardinals. I still believe the Dodgers were the better team. Although the Cards pitching is phenomenal, the Dodgers showed more skill at the plate, in the field and on the mound. Out of all games, Game 6 of the NLCS was not the game to have an off day. Everyone seemed lax and tired. Even with Kershaw on the mound having a difficult day, the Dodgers offense could have made up for it. But oh well. As the Brooklyn Dodgers motto goes, "We'll see ya next year!"

This season for the Dodgers, for baseball and for me, has been a year full of 'firsts'. This year the Dodgers became the NL West Champions, with a 92-win season. This year, they signed Brian Wilson and moved up Yasiel Puig, causing a media frenzy. This year, Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers ace pitcher, ended the regular season with a 1.83 ERA, joining the likes of Sandy Koufax and Nap Rucker(Dodgers) and Pedro Martinez and Roger Clemens. He also threw his 1000th strikeout this year.

Probably the biggest media hype this year for the Boys in Blue was the acquisition of the club by Magic Johnson's group of investors, giving the team money to spend on, not only players, but on Dodger Stadium itself. The 2 HUGE new HD LED screens, over left and right field pavilions respectively, are fantastic. They also widened the concourses and added more facilities for restrooms.

Personally, this has been a great year for my family and I. My daughter is at the fun age of 2 and is so entertaining and my wife and I love to take her to the games and hopefully pass on the tradition of baseball games. This year was the first time we have been able to get season tickets to the Stockton Ports. We have been able to go to many different games this year, thanks to our loving friends and family, especially my wife. My wife, for our 7th anniversary bought us tickets to see the Dodgers in Dodger Stadium. I was overjoyed to see my very first game in Chavez Ravine with my lovely wife.

This is the inaugural year of this blog! Yay! Even though I have no readers, ha!, I love writing about the game and sharing my thoughts. Thank you, whoever does read this, for listening.

#Section117 #GoPorts #GoDodgers #TrueDodgerBlue

1 comment:

DodgerPenguin said...

No readers?? I take offense
= )
Keep up the good work