Thursday, October 03, 2013

Today's The Day! #PostSeason

Ladies and Gentleman! The NLDS Games start today! The 2 series games consist of the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. the St. Louis Cardinals and the Atlanta Braves vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers.

I think all of you know who I have my money on. I have waited a long time for the Dodgers to be in this position again. It's a long road still ahead and it's also uphill. The Braves have shocked a lot of people this year and could be dangerous, especially with the Dodgers playing in their hometown for the first games. The Dodgers have been scary good this year though. They have given me some cardiac issues this year but have come up on top.

Clayton Kershaw(16-9, 1.83 ERA) starts tonight against the Braves' Kris Medlen(15-12, 3.11 ERA). I believe our pitching is not going to be an issue. With players like Kersh, Zack Greinke, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Ricky Nolasco in the rotation, we are solid. The real issue is going to be keeping our lineup healthy and consistent. With Kemp as a cheerleader for the season, we have to focus on keeping Hanley Ramirez and Yasiel Puig healthy and strong. Andre Ethier was added to the roster yesterday but solely as a pinch hitter until his ankle is 100%.

I hate the term 'B team'. I like the term 'Bench Squad' better but I still don't like it. Anyway, our 'players not starting normally' have stepped up big time. They have made the difference when our starters have been hurt or just haven't been consistent. I think Skip Schumaker, Scott Van Slyke, Jerry Hairston and Nick Punto will be key players in these series leading up to the Big Show.

#Section117 #GoDodgers #TrueDodgerBlue

No comments: