Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stockton Ports Fall to Visalia in Last Regular Season Home Game

The Ports had trouble last night getting the bats swinging and fell to the Rawhide, 3-1. The Boys of Banner Island are headed to Bakersfield for a 3-game series with the Blaze before coming back this way to Modesto for the final 4 games of the regular season.

So, yes, I did make it to the game last night. There were many thank you's and goodbye's to be said. I hope to see my fellow Section 117'ers next season.

First of all, I would like to thank you to the Stockton Ports front office for all your hard work in providing an enjoyable season, specifically Jeremy Neisser and Lisa Peterson. Thank you to Mike Conway and Zack Bayrouty for being the "voices" of the Stockton Ports, both at home and over the radio. Thanks to all staff in the park, including our Section 117 green-shirt, Michelle, who at least tried to keep the notorious Kevin in check.

Of course, thank you to the Boys of Banner Island Ballpark. You all have bright futures ahead. I've said this to a few of you already but, I would like to see you again, however, I hope I don't. I hope you move onwards and upwards. Oakland awaits.

"All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” -Walt Disney

Special thanks to Brian, Melissa and Carmen for being good people and becoming our friends.

I will continue to post my "Baseball News" section and any other pictures that I have taken. I will also give some more updates as we move into the post season in MLB and MiLB. I will also be introducing a collector's section with memorabilia that friends and I have collected.

This was my first time being a season ticket holder for any sport. I hope to make it a tradition in my family. I already can't wait for next season! #Section117 #GoPorts

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hey Jesse! Baseball is a lot more fun to watch when you have friends to watch it with! Couldn't imagine a better family to sit near us than yours!