Monday, August 26, 2013

The Ports Win on Fan Appreciation Night

All I'm going to say is, FINALLY. The Ports made an outstanding effort last night to take a 10-8 win versus the Visalia Rawhide. The Boys of Banner Island were due for a break and they worked hard for it.

The win happened to fall on the second to last home game for the Ports which happened to be Fan Appreciation Night. There were raffles and giveaways, including a Josh Donaldson tshirt for the first 1000 fans through the gates, signed baseballs, bats and other memorabilia. For season ticket holders, there was a barbecue dinner behind the bullpen seating area. From the comments of several fans and season ticket holders from previous years, the food provided was considerably better than years before. Season ticket holders also had the bonus of 40% off anything at the Team Store, which I got to capitalize on. I finally was able to get the Friday night alternate cap with 5 O'Clock Dock on the front.

I think my family and I will be going tonight. I had originally thought that last night would be our last game of the season. Much has happened throughout this summer and honestly, it hasn't all been good. But the good has, by far, outweighed the bad. I've met some good people and made some new friends. Friends I hope I'll have in seasons to come.

No comments: